Windham Community Food Network is seeking a part-time Community Table Coordinator.
About Windham Community Food Network
The WCFN is an alliance of nonprofits, farmers, community members, universities and small businesses working together to create a more just and sustainable food system in Windham, CT. During COVID-19 we began organizing a pantry service that delivers weekly boxes of food to 15-20 families in need. These boxes are filled with food gleaned from local farmers, gardeners and pantries and supplemented with additional groceries purchased through community fundraising efforts. The boxes are packed and delivered by recipients and community members who are compensated for their time.
About the position
The Windham Community Food Network (WCFN) is seeking a part-time employee to help administer its Community Table/Mesa Comunitaria project. The role requires 5-10 hours a week. These hours will fluctuate depending on the season (summer and winter being the busiest) and are flexible to your schedule. The location is hybrid, some work can be done remotely but also requires time at our Main St office and driving to partner sites in the Windham area. Mileage will be reimbursed. This position pays $18-$20 depending on experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The WCFN is seeking someone to manage this program. This involves:
- Sourcing inventory from partners and community donations
- Managing inventory (weighing, stocking and minimizing shrink)
- Working with community partners to identify recipients
- Maintaining contact with recipients to identify ways to improve the program
- Managing and recruiting volunteers to pack and distribute the boxes
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Drivers license and reliable access to a car
- Ability to lift 50lb boxes
- Smartphone with internet access
- Proficient with Google sheets and other Google tools
- Ability to work independently
- Rich interpersonal skills
- Creative, flexible and patient
- Strong organization skills
- Effective problem solver
- Demonstrated cultural competency, and dedication to promoting equity, inclusivity and diversity
- Passion for food justice and community development
WE WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM LOCAL CANDIDATES FAMILIAR WITH THE WINDHAM COMMUNITY, and UNDER-REPRESENTED GROUPS.
This job pays between $18-20 depending on experience
- Flexible hours
- Some remote work
- Mileage reimbursement
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Sydney Clements, WCFN Coordinator at email@example.com