Blue Earth Compost is seeking a full-time Compost Collection Driver to join their team.
About Blue Earth Compost
Blue Earth Compost is a residential, commercial, and event food scrap collection company. We collect food scraps from our customers and transport them to facilities for processing into renewable energy and compost. We see food scraps as a valuable resource that can help improve our soil, water, and air.
About the position
This position will focus mostly on the collection of food scraps from residential customers. You will be tasked with driving a delivery-style step van or heavy duty pick-up truck, depending on your route. Other general labor may be assigned, but this is the primary responsibility.
- Performing pre-trip inspections of vehicle, ensuring that all road equipment is stocked and in working order, and cleaning inside and outside of truck weekly
- Driving a vehicle to our customer’s sites to collect their food scraps in 4-gallon containers or rolling carts
- Using a cellphone application to track data about collections
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Delivering compost to customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Clean driving record with experience driving commercial vehicles
- Must be VERY reliable
- Must pass a medical exam
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to work independently and be part of a team environment
This job pays between $16-18 an hour
- 2 weeks of PTO after 3 months, additional PTO accrued over time
- 401k and Health Insurance options available
- Yearly bonuses based on reliability and safety
Please submit a resume to Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org