Wholesome Wave seeks a Director of Marketing and Communications
Director, Marketing and Communications
The Director of Marketing and Communications will plan and execute the organization’s marketing, communications and outreach efforts, working collaboratively with the Chief Development Officer, to lead a comprehensive approach that builds awareness of WW’s work and partnerships.
– Work with the CDO to develop and lead a national MarCom strategy and budget designed to elevate the organization and build sustained visibility and support for our programs and partnerships
– Manage the Organization’s brand identity to enhance awareness, maintain message consistency, and articulate proper image across platforms
– Oversee MarCom organization-wide, and serve as a collaborator for internal project managers. Work with staff to integrate MarCom strategy into programs and maintain consistent brand image across platforms
– Continuously increase the visibility of the organization and provide compelling touch-points to partners, funders, clients, press and public.
– Responsible for marcom strategy for the organization overall, and for each partnership – mapping out what partnerships will look like, and delivering results for each
– Create and execute cause-marketing relationships with major partners.
– Oversee and advise the branding of each partnership.
– Partner with development colleagues to create, execute, and maintain of individual giving campaigns and strategy.
– Conceptualize and create all public-facing materials, and strategy for each.
– Grow WW’s audience reach, increase exposure for the organization, and ultimately increase and demonstrate the value of our partnerships through our growing audience reach.
– Manage creative/graphic strategy and development for print and digital, from beginning to end, ensuring they meet target objectives.
– Manage MarCom staff, including comms consultant and marcomm/social media coordinator or contractor. Oversee department execution of comms including web presence, eblasts, social media, annual report, printed materials and media strategy.
– As needed, liaise with external suppliers (ad agency, PR agency, graphic designers)
– Support Executive Team by creating briefing materials, press releases and presentations, and preparing talking points and presentations.
– Serve as key contributor on the development team, conceptualizing and drafting grant proposals, as well as managing funder relationships.
– Research marcom trends to support development of future marketing and communication strategies
– Proven Marketing professional with 10+ years-experience. Advanced degree in marketing, communications, business, journalism or related field preferred.
– Demonstrated record of developing and effectively leading cause-oriented and digital marketing campaigns.
– Traditional and digital marketing expertise. Serious savvy in generating interest and building audience engagement.
– Adept at developing and navigating high-profile partnerships and funder relationships; bring existing relationships with national food and public health players and journalists.
– Brings existing relationships in design and media.
– Exceptional written, spoken and visual communication skills.
– Proven ability to produce high-impact materials, as well as manage daily activities while maintaining a big picture, strategic mindset.
– Critical thinker, entrepreneurial spirit, ready to nimbly adapt in a fast-paced environment.
– Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to supervise and motivate staff.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Self-starter who thinks creatively, takes initiative and wants to be challenged.
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
– Combination of corporate and non-profit experience A+.
• The Marketing Director will work primarily in an office environment
• Must be able to work from Bridgeport, CT office 3 to 4 days/week
• Occasional regional and national travel required (approximately 10%)
Compensation, Time and Classification:
Classification is Full-Time, Salaried
Compensation – As per offer of employment
This position officially reports to the Chief Development Officer
WHOLESOME WAVE is firmly committed to equal employment and advancement opportunities for all present employees as well as for applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, age, lawful source of income, mental retardation, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness or deafness, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.