Wholesome Wave seeks an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives on new program and business development in a socially responsible, innovative organization. The successful candidate will be natural networker, highly organized, and ambitious. Wholesome Wave provides professional opportunities to grow in a high performance, accountable, and supportive learning environment. Passion for growing programs that help make healthy, fresh produce available to people of all economic abilities is a must.
Partnerships Manager / Program Manager
Director, Partnerships Management
Number of direct reports
Date of job description
July 1, 2018
Wholesome Wave is a national non-profit addressing complex problems with simple, yet innovative, and effective solutions. For the past 10 years, Wholesome Wave has been making healthy produce affordable to the people who need it most by providing under-served consumers Produce Purchasing Power, removing budgetary constraints (and stigma) and making healthy food choices the affordable choice for families. Healthy purchasing with SNAP and other federal benefits, and even one’s own money, earns additional Produce Purchasing Power, reinforcing healthy behaviors and developing sustainable habits over the long-term, driving the behavior change necessary to improve health and avoid diet-related diseases.
The need is great, the time to act is now. Join us in changing the world through food.
Wholesome Wave seeks an experienced partnership manager to activate a range of corporate and foundation sponsorship/grants. The Partnership Manager will:
- Report to the Director, Partnerships Management
- Be responsible for co-creating, implementing and innovating programs and actions promised in corporate, foundation, and government proposals, and consulting with community-based partners, fundraisers and team members during the proposal writing process
- Assist with the moves management process for donors and prospects, as needed
- Work with the Development Team to identify, cultivate, activate, execute, and renew relationships for specific programs and markets
Key Responsibilities: Oversee, manage and administer all functions related to assigned projects:
- Co-design proposals, sponsor-able assets, and programs for prospective and active sponsorships, partnerships and grants.
- Build, implement, and oversee project plan and timeline that will deliver and exceed intended outcomes and deliverables outlined in legal agreements and contracts.
- Carefully manage and track budgets; ensuring funds are spent and reallocated as necessary in accordance with the agreement terms.
- Working with the MarComms Director, manage the marketing and promotional needs of assigned projects; including sponsor recognition materials (both promotional and program related materials).
- Initiate, negotiate and manage sub-contracts, with support from the executive and legal team and cross-functional partners, to fulfill deliverables.
- Administer sub-award grants to partners; tracking progress, deliverables, reporting and coaching partners throughout the project cycle to ensure all responsibilities are met.
- Serve as partnership lead to cross-functional teams. Representing assigned programs on cross-functional teams and at internal and external meetings.
- Perform all administrative and management functions related to sponsorship activation and grant/sponsorship management as necessary; managing communications to all stakeholders.
- Generate and deliver project reporting to key stakeholders, providing return on investment to funders as applicable.
- Coordinate with Evaluation Manager to analyze and interpret project data including quality control checks of database as well as communication of analysis to team members and funders.
- Negotiate program and partnership renewals and expansions, and necessary contracts in collaboration with internal and external teams and partners; obtain appropriate approvals for terms.
- Create and maintain a portfolio of projects.
- Create intended outcomes and manage budgets for projects
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This position is expected to bring a solutions-oriented mindset that leverages the power of technology, facilitation, and pragmatism to achieve Wholesome Wave’s vision of healthy, local, affordable food for all.
- Ten+ years of sponsorship, project management, sales, advertising, grants management, or marketing experience; knowledge of the fundraising grants life cycle.
- Exemplary professionalism; must meet regular deadlines and be exceptionally well organized and detailed oriented, with strong time management and business process improvement skills.
- Stellar project management skills; strong eye for detail; including a defined knowledge of a collaborative workflow process, internal and external correspondence and leading efforts to meet all project goals.
- Past success in designing and implementing programs, providing technical assistance and developing cross-sector collaborations resulting in significant outcomes and impact with the ability to operationalize solutions, and bring concepts to reality.
- Strategic and creative thinker with a national and global perspective; ability to spot patterns, initiate best practices, and use innovative techniques to evolve and move programming forward.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment by multi-tasking and making beneficial sponsorship connections, acting as a cross-functional team leader and strong contributor on team projects; Ability to manage multiple partnerships.
- Proficient and comfortable networking, building relationships, and steering/navigating external relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce, MailChimp and other CRM/Database products. Additional skills in data management software like R, STATA, SAS, SQL, Microsoft Access or Tableau is a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities of this role.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel (if yes, percentage of travel time required)
Preferred Education and Experience (i.e. certifications)
Minimum: A bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, communications, advertising, business administration, finance, or a related field of study.
Other unique responsibilities or conditions not previously addressed i.e. bilingual, driver’s license, etc.
Wholesome Wave is an equal employment opportunity employer.
How to Apply: Please email a single attachment labeled with your first and last name only (“first last.pdf”) in PDF format containing (a) a cover letter, (b) CV________________ with “PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER 2018” in the subject line.