Wholesome Wave seeks an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives on new program and business development in a socially responsible, innovative organization. The successful candidate will be natural networker, highly organized, and ambitious. Wholesome Wave provides professional opportunities to grow in a high performance, accountable, and supportive learning environment. Passion for growing programs that help make healthy, fresh produce available to people of all economic abilities is a must.
Job Title: Junior Partnerships Manager / Program Manager
Reports to: Director, Partnerships Management
Number of direct reports: 0
Date of job description: July 3, 2018
Wholesome Wave is a national non-profit addressing complex problems with simple, yet innovative, and effective solutions. For the past 10 years, Wholesome Wave has been making healthy produce affordable to the people who need it most. We have a network with partners in 49 states and D.C., and our programs touch nearly 1 million people annually.
Wholesome Wave provides under-served consumers Produce Purchasing Power, removing budgetary constraints (and stigma) and making the healthy choice an affordable choice for families. Wholesome Wave’s Produce Purchasing Power programs provide shoppers with bonus/reward dollars to spend on fruits and vegetables, leveraging and extending existing food budgets to maximize spending on healthy options. Healthy purchasing with SNAP and other federal benefits, and even one’s own money, earns additional Produce Purchasing Power, reinforcing healthy behaviors and developing sustainable habits over the long-term, driving the behavior change necessary to improve health and avoid diet-related diseases.
Nutritional educational materials and engagement further strengthen the success of our programs.
The need is great, the time to act is now. Join us in changing the world through food.
Wholesome Wave seeks a partnership manager to provide successful stewardship of partnerships to activate a range of corporate and foundation sponsorship/grants. This work will advance our strategy and execution of movement-wide strategic initiatives deploying Produce Purchasing Power creatively and effectively through different channels in multiple markets.
The Junior Partnership Manager will be responsible for implementing projects; including partnerships, planning, executing and deploying funds and project plans within the life cycle of the sponsorships so that required deliverables are met and match the funder’s criteria. This position will project manage the deliverables and budget that is directly related to the funder/sponsorship goals, including sponsorship marketing and recognition, product development, sub-awarded funds to partner organizations, research, and customer service. The Junior Partnership Manager will be accountable for high performance, compliance with funding/grant specifications, managing budgets and utilization of funds, reporting and tracking metrics and impact, and renewal and expansion of sponsorships. This position will also support the Partnership Managers in the execution of other projects.
The Junior Partnership Manager:
– Reports to the Director, Partnerships Management
– Responsible for implementing programs and actions promised in corporate, foundation, and government proposals, and consulting with fundraisers and other development team members during proposal writing process
– Assists with the moves management process for donors and prospects, as needed
– Supports the Partnership Managers with research and outreach to identify, cultivate, activate, execute, and renew relationships for specific programs and markets
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary duties include:
– Project management
– Prospect Identification, Qualification, and Cultivation
– Solicitation, Presentations
– Grant and Sponsorship Activation
– Moves Management Process for Assigned Projects
– Program Knowledge and Ability to Develop and Execute Solutions
– Budget Management
Key Responsibilities: Oversee, manage and administer all functions related to assigned projects, corporate sponsorship activation, programing, product development and grant/sponsorship management, renewal and expansion of partnerships and grants as necessary including but not limited to:
– Co-design proposals, sponsor-able assets, and events for prospective and active sponsorships/partnership and grants.
– Servicing the sponsor or grantor, and successfully and professionally fulfilling deliverables outlined in legal agreements and contracts.
– Building, implementing, and overseeing project plan that will deliver and exceed the intended outcomes and deliverables.
– Carefully managing and tracking budgets; ensuring funds are spent and reallocated as necessary in accordance with the agreement terms.
– Directing the marketing and promotion of the sponsorships/partnership and project development and research; including the sponsor recognition materials (both promotional and program related materials).
– Initiating, negotiating and managing sub-contracts, with support from the executive and legal team and cross-functional partners, to fulfill deliverables.
– Administering sub-award grants to partners; tracking progress, deliverables, reporting and coaching partners throughout the project cycle to ensure all responsibilities are met.
– Managing communications to partners, funders, platform provider, and flagging any concerns to larger cross-functional teams to resolve or mitigate any barriers to success.
– Generating and delivering to funders periodic and year-end reporting. Providing to sponsor/grantor a measurement of their return on investment as outlined and designated in the partnership or grant agreement.
– Negotiate program and partnership renewals and expansions, and necessary contracts in collaboration with Chief Development Officer, fundraising, legal, finance, marcomm and other internal and external teams and partners; obtain appropriate approvals for terms.
– Create and maintain a portfolio of projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This position is expected to bring a solutions-oriented mindset that leverages the power of technology, facilitation, and pragmatism to achieve Wholesome Wave’s vision of healthy, local, affordable food for all.
– Three+ years of supporting and/or leading sponsorship, project management, sales, advertising, grants management, or marketing experience; knowledge of the fundraising grants life cycle.
– Exemplary professionalism; must meet regular deadlines and be exceptionally well organized and detailed oriented, with strong time management and business process improvement skills.
– Stellar project management skills; strong eye for detail; including a defined knowledge of a collaborative workflow process, internal and external correspondence and leading efforts to meet all project goals.
– Strategic and creative thinker with a national and global perspective; ability to spot patterns, initiate best practices, and use innovative techniques to evolve and move programming forward.
– Exceptional written and oral communication skills; ability to write clearly, demonstrating a structured and articulate message; strong editing skills; good listener and able to convey ideas in an effective and timely fashion.
– Must thrive in a fast-paced environment by multi-tasking and making beneficial sponsorship connections, acting as a cross-functional team leader and strong contributor on team projects; Ability to manage multiple partnerships.
– Proficient and comfortable networking, building relationships, and steering/navigating external relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders. – Ability to work well with teams in a collaborative manner.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce, MailChimp and other CRM/Database products.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel (if yes, percentage of travel time required)
Preferred Education and Experience (i.e. certifications)
Minimum: A bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, communications, advertising, business administration, finance, or a related field of study.
Other unique responsibilities or conditions not previously addressed i.e. bilingual, driver’s license, etc.
Wholesome Wave is an equal employment opportunity employer.
How to Apply: Please email a single attachment labeled with your first and last name only (“first last.pdf”) in PDF format containing (a) a cover letter, (b) CV, and (c) three references to ________________ with “PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER 2018” in the subject line.