KNOX is seeking applications to fill a position soon to be vacated by its retiring Executive Director. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for KNOX’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will develop deep knowledge of the community landscape and KNOX’s core programs, operations, and business plans, and will be responsible for implementing strategic initiatives for growth.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize KNOX volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders (both corporate and individual).
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio member of each Board committee; seek and build Board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing local operations.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain KNOX’s high-performance management team.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the Board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue-generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and local expansion, while simultaneously retiring debt.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications – from web presence to external relations – with the goal of creating a stronger KNOX brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner and realize new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
- Redesign local programming and complete the strategic business planning process for items identified in recent plan.
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets or program areas, establishing relationships with new funders and political and community leaders.
- Be an external local presence who publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of each program, as well as the potential for growth and broader impact.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to KNOX’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, business development and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- At least five years of management and leadership experience, preferably accompanied by an advanced degree, ideally an MPA;
- Track record of effectively leading a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and implemented operational strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget that includes grants.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors, with the ability to cultivate existing Board member relationships and to identify new members.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (fluency in English and Spanish a plus); a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people and to appreciate the value of diversity.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
All interested parties should send a cover letter and resume/CV to KNOXIncEDSearch@gmail.com. Applications accepted through December 10, 2018.