Field Operations Manager
The Field Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing field operations of KNOX which includes managing, directing, planning and coordinating landscaping and plowing activities and projects at multiple sites/locations to ensure the goals and objectives are met within the prescribed time frame and budget.
The right candidate will be an experienced landscaper with excellent business insight, strong leadership abilities and great customer relationship skills. Reporting to the KNOX Chief Operating Officer, this leader manages a team of 6-8 full-time and 6-8 seasonal employees.
- Direct and manage multiple sites.
- Identify staff and equipment requirements for all jobs, and schedule crews to create the most efficient scheduling while ensuring all customer needs are met.
- Oversee planting and maintenance of 100-200 flower planters annually.
- Execute grant deliverables related to community garden expansion and maintenance.
- Manage contracted landscaping and snow removal deliverables. Identify new clients and maintain existing customers.
- Design, quote and install fee-for-service landscaping projects.
- Execute the organization’s annual reforestation campaign that plants 200-1,000 trees a year. Track progress and completion. Furnish detailed reports in a timely manner.
- Manage workload of KNOX’s Tree Crew (a workforce development program), which plants and provides follow up care of the new trees including pruning, mulching and adequate watering.
- Work with staff to continue to enhance the day to day operations.
- Maintain all tools and equipment in safe and serviceable condition in the field, and oversee all maintenance and repairs. Train team to operate all equipment correctly and safely.
- Maintain enforcement of all KNOX rules and regulations. Monitor and enforce all safety policies.
- Oversee special projects as needed.
- Maintain Knox Parks property and security of the building, vehicles, tools and equipment.
- Extensive tree, shrub and flower knowledge.
- Demonstrated landscape design and sales skills.
- Horticulture and Landscaping installation/maintenance experience: 10 years.
- Experience managing staff: 6-8 years.
- Experience plowing/sanding and managing crews during storm events.
- Experience quoting, selling and implementing landscape contracts.
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple project teams simultaneously.
- Extensive project management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Active listener and collaborative team player.
- Ability to act independently and make decisions as required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid CT Drivers license.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Bi-lingual a plus (English and Spanish).