Hartford Food System is hiring!
Grow Hartford Youth Program Campaign Manager
This 30 hr/ week multifaceted role will serve as direct coordinator with interns and student organizers. This position is supervised by the Hartford Food System Youth Program Director and Executive Director respectively. This role is designed to strengthen program capacity, create a campaign strategy for the Ten Slices of Justice and grow the Youth Action Affinity Squad into a sustainable network.
The campaign manager oversees day-to-day operations and strategy of the ‘Ten Slices of Justice’ campaign and identifies media and outreach opportunities for the campaign. This role also includes development and on-going coordination of the emerging Youth Affinity Action Squad including creating mechanisms for membership, recruitment, scheduling meetings with community partners, co-creating a training schedule, and creating a model for the network.
Pay commensurate with experience $20-$24/ hr.
· Strategically recruit for program in schools in coordination with designated GHYP staff and youth
· Facilitate program and workshops for community members and youth
· Create innovative media strategy
· Create effective strategy and timelines for each of the ten slices in coordination with the GH youth organizers, director, and other current staff
· Build relationships with community members, agencies, and others to grow power around food and education related issues in Hartford
· Base-building in Hartford High schools to expand the educational reach of Grow Hartford Youth Program beyond active program participants & organizers
· Stay up to date on latest events in city and community actions and reactions
· Co-facilitate Monday and Wednesday Grow Hartford meetings and assist with summer youth employment
· conduct 1-on-1s and organize Grow Hartford events
· Participate in professional development opportunities offered by agency
· Must love, value and be excited to cultivate and follow the leadership of youth!
· 3 years of Youth work specifically with teenagers preferred
· Strong facilitation skills
· Experience with a grass roots campaign and/ or community building
· Evening and weekend availability ( Program meets Monday & Wednesday 4-7 pm)
· Personal connection to food justice and healing justice work
· Proficiency with current computer applications and programs
· Resident of Hartford/ Knowledge of Hartford History
· Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
· An understanding of the power of storytelling
· Self-motivated and self-managing
· Language(s) beside English preferred
· Reliable transportation
· People of color, queer, trans/gnc folks strongly encouraged to apply
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com