Connecticut Food Bank seeks a Driver/Warehouse Assistant.
Description – Responsible for deliveries and pick ups of CFB food. Reports to the Transportation Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Loads and unloads CFB truck.
2. Picks up product from donors on schedule, arrives with necessary equipment.
Maintains accurate counts of product.
Signs invoices for what is received.
Assures safe transportation to and from the warehouses/drop sites (load balanced and secured).
Unloads truck as required.
Maintains accurate receiving record.
Assures timely and proper storage of product.
3. Conducts routine maintenance of CFB truck.
Check fluids daily, performs safety checks to detect potential problems.
Coordinates scheduled preventative maintenance with Transportation Manager.
Knowledge of, and compliance with, applicable laws and regulations.
Maintains accurate records of trip log.
4. Assists in warehouse operations as required by Transportation Manager or Operations Director.
Assists with warehouse maintenance.
Assists with sorting of salvage.
5. Maintains regular telephone contact with CFB during the work day.
Calls Operations Department in case of unexpected delays or problems with pick ups or deliveries.
Calls Operations Department when every pick up or delivery is completed.
Calls Operations Department for instructions in case of equipment failure or accident.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager.
Class A or B CDL required. Safe driving record.
Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
Fork lift and pallet jack certification.
High School Diploma/GED required.
Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment with commitment to social justice.
Send resume with salary requirements to:
Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer