The Individual Giving Manager will create and implement specific donor outreach efforts, with particular focus on building relationships and securing gifts. This position will build and manage a portfolio of 150+ mid-level donors, including new prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. This role has direct responsibility for donor engagement. The successful candidate will bring donor development management experience and proven ability to work well both independently and as part of a development team. This position will report directly to our Director of Institutional Giving and work closely with the CDO, CEO, Philanthropy Officer and Corporate Development Manager.
• Maintain a portfolio of leadership donors ($1,000-$10,000) and be directly responsible to cultivate, solicit, and steward, to meet annual individual fundraising goals.
• Develop and manage creative solicitation campaigns. Understand and track the annual appeal solicitations, including both traditional and electronic mailings.
• Document and maintain clear and timely records and call reports to track contacts, donor giving, notes and assist in the maintenance of an accurate database.
• Work closely with the Development team to build a prospect portfolio and ensure the flow of prospects into the giving pipeline from identification through solicitation.
• Identify new donor entry point opportunities and build out full individual giving strategies.
• Work with the Development staff and key volunteers to develop, execute and evaluate strategies to engage individual donors through outreach, education, invitations to special events, and personal contacts.
• Attend signature events such as the Donor Reception, Walk Against Hunger, Golden Scoop, etc. to help raise awareness and to secure financial resources for our work; assist in the recruiting of donor participation as engagement opportunities.
• Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing team to create and implement donor communications and acknowledgements related to cultivation and stewardship of donors and prospects.
• Recommend new engagement opportunities and implement stewardship best practices including thank you cards, gifting and additional recognition components.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment with commitment to social justice. Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years experience in fundraising that includes progressive success in securing and closing individual gifts. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, donor database (DonorPerfect) and donor research tools. Ability to think strategically and understand contemporary philanthropy. Exemplary oral and written communications skills.
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: