The Operations Manager is in charge of overseeing the daily operations of the Wallingford Warehouse. This includes all activities relating to the receiving, storage and distribution of goods as well as employee safety, food safety, service and employee training. The position requires active engagement with all departments to facilitate an efficient operational plan with budgets and KPI goals. Reports to the Director of Operations.
1. Ensure proper inspection, handling, storage and distribution of all inventories in accordance with AIB and OSHA guidelines.
2. Ensure proper housekeeping and standards in accordance with Feeding America’s SOP.
3. Facilitate product movement throughout the distribution network.
4. Collect and analyze productivity data to be used in weekly management reports with recommendations and actions items.
5. Work with managers and staff to verify the effectiveness of distribution policies and procedures then recommend and oversee implementation of changes.
6. Work with managers and staff to enforce policies and procedures and investigate irregularities to insure accuracy of distribution.
7. Ensure a positive volunteer experience while maintaining a productive and safe environment in the volunteer room.
8. Oversee training and development of all warehouse staff, including safety training such as forklift
certification and CPR training.
9. Coordinate transportation needs with Transportation Manager.
10. Provide customer service to member agency representatives.
11. Work with Inventory Control to promote and market products, monitor the distribution allocated items and ensure the movement of perishable product is expedited to preserve quality and reduce waste.
12. Responsible for inventory control within the facility.
13. Work with Director of Operations to facilitate special projects and events.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Operations.
Bachelor’s Degree and at least 6 years of progressive leadership in distribution and logistics.
Minimum of 5 years experience working with a Warehouse Management System (WMS) and understanding of inventory control practices.
Minimum of 3-5 years management/supervisory experience.
Background in the food industry strongly preferred. Experience in hunger relief a plus.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong warehousing analytical skills.
Excellent customer service and communication skills (oral and written).
Preferred pallet jack/forklift certification.
Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment with commitment to social justice.
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: