The Special Events Manager initiates and manages special events for Connecticut Food Bank. Enhance visibility and increase revenue through creative and effective fundraising, donor stewardship, and membership events to reach the annual revenue budget for special events of $500,000. Cultivate, maintain and/or strengthen relationships with event vendors. Provide quality service to Connecticut Food Bank internal and external clientele. Requires some evening and weekend work. Reports to the Director of Community Engagement.
– Work closely with the development team to conceptualize, plan and execute Connecticut Food Bank fundraising events, and donor cultivation and stewardship events in partnership with other staff, as appropriate.
– Work with the Corporate Development Manager to identify and develop strategies for corporate sponsorship prospects, particularly related to Connecticut Food Bank signature events.
– Lead events committees (consisting of volunteers and staff), to complete necessary functions of major fundraising events such as securing corporate sponsors and individual donations, securing location, ticket sales, food, entertainment, decorations, and marketing.
– Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to guide and assist in executing the media and marketing plan for each event; guide each specific event group in maintaining event promotions through website, Facebook and other social media.
– Develop and track timelines/benchmarks to ensure events are on schedule and deadlines are met.
– Manage vendor relationships to ensure timely payments, track expenses, and cultivate vendors for discounts, preferential services and inkind donations.
– Develop and manage special events budget. Provide projections and analysis for each major event ensuring consistency with organizational budget and goals.
– Maintain event data in Donor Perfect to manage donor records and contact information.
– Develop and initiate ideas for increasing the number of participants, sponsors and net income for Connecticut Food Bank signature events.
– Represent Connecticut Food Bank as a polished spokesperson during events.
– Work with Operations Department to coordinate event logistics
– Work with Volunteer Coordinator to recruit volunteers for events
– Support other development initiatives as appropriate.
– Other duties as assigned by the Director of Community Engagement and/or Chief Development Officer.
Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment with commitment to social justice. Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of Development /Special Events experience. Strong analytical & organizational skills with the ability to effectively translate objectives into creative event platforms. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, donor tracking software, excellent communication (oral and written) and time management. Ability to lift 40 lb. boxes. Ability to develop and manage a budget and analyze profit/loss scenarios for events. Experience with website management a plus.
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer