Join us at the Community Food Systems Conference to explore the intersection of food security, social justice, and sustainable agriculture! This conference will address common underlying themes between food security, social justice and sustainable agriculture including obstacles in urban and rural environments and fostering community empowerment to create and sustain resilient local food systems.
Conference highlights include:
- December 5th pre-conference workshop sessions, field trips and events
- December 6th and 7th main conference workshops and activities including reception
- Workshops and networking sessions focused on food justice, policy, best practices, experiential education, sustainability, economic development, building community, and promoting access to healthy food in underserved communities
- Exhibit hall for leading non-profit, academic, business and government organizations in the community food field
- Reception hosted at Boston Public Market!
- Meals featuring locally-grown foods
- Field trips for an experiential component to see community food systems work in action
- Keynote and plenary sessions on food security, social justice and sustainable agriculture
Share the word and stay tuned for information regarding registration, scholarship opportunities and field trips!