GreenWave is seeking a full-time Development Assistant to join their team. This is a fully remote position.
GreenWave is a nonprofit organization that is reviving coastal communities with a new type of regenerative ocean farming that uses zero inputs, has myriad ecological benefits such as carbon and nitrogen sequestration, and works to provide food justice and quality jobs in places that need it. GreenWave works with farmers to launch and scale their businesses through a mix of training and innovation. Our high-and-low touch training ranges from an online seed-to-sale Ocean Farming Toolkit and region-specific workshops to hands-on internships and participation in our farmer support network.
Our innovation program works to scale markets and disseminate the latest farm, hatchery and blue tech design throughout our farmer network.
GreenWave is expanding our Development team as we grow our funding base in support of the organization’s goal to rapidly scale program delivery over the next 4 years. Reporting to the Development Manager, the Development Assistant’s primary responsibilities are to provide administrative and donor relations support, manage and analyze donor data and communications, conduct donor research, generate donor acknowledgment materials, and provide support on proposals and reports. This is a full-time remote position. Preference will be given to East Coast-based candidates.
- Conduct data entry and manage reporting in Salesforce CRM database and Donately donor platform to support strong donor engagement, acknowledgement, and tracking of interactions
- Organize and maintain donor files
- Ensure timely acknowledgement of institutional and individual donors
- Produce donor reports for the Development Team and Board of Directors
- Support set up and content development of online fundraising campaigns on GreenWave website and donation platforms
- Conduct institutional and individual donor research using iWave, Foundation Center Directory, LinkedIn, and other Internet-based research tools
- Assist the Development Manager with research for and production of proposals, reports, and other donor communications
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to monitor, traffic, and ensure timely responses to GreenWave donor inquiries
- Provide additional administrative support for a variety of tasks
Desired Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree with a focus on English, Journalism, Social Sciences or a related field and 2-3 years working in an administrative role in nonprofit development, communications, and/or research
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional oral, written communications, and research skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven experience working independently
- Comfortable coordinating multiple deadlines and managing shifting priorities
- Thrives in a startup environment that requires adjusting to new challenges and thinking creatively to find solutions
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising practices including, but not limited to online appeals, donor relations and stewardship, prospect research, and proposal and report writing
- Tech savvy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and CRM Software (Salesforce)
- Experience with online donor platforms (Donately) and donor research tools (iWave, Foundation Center Directory, etc.)
- A working knowledge of and passion for key issues related to oceans, climate change, or sustainable agriculture sectors
- Graphic design skills a plus (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Employer paid health, retirement, and life insurance benefits
- Generous paid vacation and holiday leave
The salary range for this position starts at $48,000.
GreenWave is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse organization. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We are hiring for this position ASAP; candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please send resumé and cover letter with salary requirements to Amy Blankstein, Development Manager at email@example.com. Include your name and Development Assistant in the subject line.