New Britain ROOTS is seeking a full-time Development & Communications Coordinator to join their team.
About New Britain ROOTS
We cultivate community connections and equitable access to quality food through empowerment and learning with the people who grow, prepare, and eat food in New Britain.
About the position
ROOTS is seeking a full-time year round candidate to fill the role of Development & Communications Coordinator. This is a new position for our organization and the successful candidate will support the planning and implementation of fundraising events, provide support on grant proposals and reports, and administrative support on donor management. This position also oversees internal and external organizational communication channels and will coordinate press coverage, manage social media accounts and e-newsletter, and attend meetings and events in the community to further our mission and increase community engagement.
Supervision and support will be the responsibility of ROOTS’ Executive Director. The Development & Communications Coordinator will co-work with our Education Coordinator, Market Manager, and Youth Supervisor. The Coordinator will oversee seasonal, part-time and AmeriCorps volunteers as needed for administrative or fundraising functions.
- Utilize our donor database, Little Green Light, to support strong donor engagement, acknowledgement, and tracking of interactions
- Ensure timely acknowledgement of institutional and individual donors Support set-up and content development of fundraising campaigns
- Assist the Executive Director with production of grant proposals and reports
- Manage creation, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials, including:
- Monthly e-newsletters
- Annual report for donors and other supporters
- Marketing, development, and solicitation materials, as needed
- Consistent and engaging postings and conversations on social media outlets, including Facebook and Instagram, as appropriate
- Maintain and update the organizational website with event announcements, photos, news articles, newsletters, press releases, etc.
- Press releases, as needed
- Direct phone and email inquiries to appropriate staff members and ensure timely response
- Work collaboratively with other staff members to support their communication and development needs
- Event Planning including our annual fundraiser
This job pays $39,000/year
- Health & Dental Insurance Reimbursement through a QSEHRA
- Matching retirement plan through a SIMPLE IRA
- 10 days of PTO per year, plus all federal holidays.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Joey Listro, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org