Food Solutions New England is searching for an experienced policy analyst.Coordinate all aspects of the Café at Fifty Five and communicate needs, changes, issues to program manager, being part of solution generation and implementation.
Summary of Position
Policy Analysis and Coordination 60%
- Collaborate with FSNE staff and related stakeholders to conduct a landscape analysis of current assets of partner networks and organizations to advance policy through formulation, coordination, and agendas.
- Work with FSNE staff to convene the New England FSNE Policy Platform Coordination working. This work includes:
- Conducting and coordinating policy analysis around the FSNE Policy Platform integrating food, farm, fisheries, and forests.
- Setting agendas and facilitating regular working group meetings
- Providing project management for the working group to keep work on track, including developing and implementing timelines and team deliverables and milestones. Tracking and reporting on progress.
- Providing regular updates on work of the working group to the FSNE Steering Committee and Network Team.
Communications & Outreach 40%
- Cultivate and support enhanced relationships with policy makers and FSNE policy-oriented partners. Help build FSNE’s mailing list dedicated to these topics.
- Work with FSNE Communication Director to create policy briefs, press releases and other resources needed to support the project. Includes conducting necessary research, writing, and editing.
- Work with FSNE Communications Director to create and distribute tools for the FSNE network to use during election cycles to engage candidates in substantive FSNE discussions and forums.
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience in policy formulation and coordination related to integrated approaches to food, farm, fisheries, and forests sustainability and resilience.
- Knowledge of and experience with New England’s food systems, sectors, networks, and initiatives including FSNE, the New England Food Vision, and Wildlands and Woodlands Vision.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills, including writing and public speaking in simple, clear language.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience with and commitment to racial equity, food justice, and dismantling white supremacy.
- Creative, holistic thinker capable of making connections and working productively across a wide range of ideas and activities.
- Ability to travel throughout New England, as conditions allow.
The salary for this position is an hourly rate starting at $31.73 at approximately 25 hours per week.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references’ contact information. Please apply/submit your materials only through the UNH Human Resources portal no later than Sunday, November 29th at 5pm EST. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted in early December and our hope is that the successful candidate will begin work in early January. If you have questions about this position, please contact El Farrell.