Curbside Compost is seeking a full-time food scrap recovery associate/truck driver/cleaner.
About Curbside Compost
Curbside Compost is a local service that picks up food scraps and delivers compost, garden soil and mulch. We built the company to restore the nutrient and carbon cycle to CT and NY soil. With your participation, we are lessening organics that need to be incinerated and ash which will be landfilled. With your help, we reduce emissions by taking advantage of the natural process of decomposition. When composted, the abundant nutrients and organic matter in food scraps are captured and applied to farms and gardens where they help build and conserve healthy soils. We collect from homes, schools, offices, healthcare, markets, cafes, restaurants, and events in an effort to compost all food remains, including dairy, meat, fish and bones.
Interest in environmental protection, composting, soil, farming, food, trucking. Position is socially distant in co-worker and customer interaction. We are looking for drivers to help recover food scraps, clean composting buckets and clean trucks. Your work will be a combination of these tasks. On days you clean, you have flexible work hours. The days you run routes, we ask you are in Ridgefield, CT by 6:00am. Optimally, you have the ability to safely drive a Hino 238A or Ford F550. Both trucks are non CDL. If that isn’t possible, then you may safely drive our Ram Promaster Van or Ford F150 Pickup.
Important to Us
- Safety – Good spacial awareness to safely operate a truck in tight spaces.
- Safety – Good observation skills/situational awareness to safely operate on high-traffic roads.
- Experience driving trucks helps.
- CDL would be great, but not necessary.
- Reliable — we depend on each other to show up each day.
- Friendly, customer-first attitude.
- Enjoy working outside.
- Valid state driver’s license, clean motor vehicle record and reliable transportation to work.
- DOT Health Certificate, background check and smartphone.
This job pays between $17-$21 an hour
- Work at a growing environmental company which is focused on making a positive impact.
- Paid Time Off
- Time and a half on holidays you work (We are closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day)
- Never work Saturdays or Sundays (if you don’t want to)
- Flexible hours on cleaning days.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Schedule days off you would like in advance.
- Work with kind people and a compassionate management team.
- Time and a half pay if you would like to work more than 40 hours.
- Paid training and advancement opportunities.
- Job is socially distant.
Please submit a resume to Seth Critchell, Operations Manager, at email@example.com