Wanted: Versatile individual to join our team at Hands On Hartford as the Café Coordinator for The Café at Fifty-Five. The Café Coordinator takes a lead role in café set up and maintenance, oversight of front of the house safe food handling, par level maintenance on café items, assist in inventory management, ensure expedited fulfillment of café orders, organize and pull catering jobs, volunteer and intern guidance. Take a lead with quality improvement, marketing and excellent customer service.
When: Full time, 35 hours per week, generally weekdays, but occasional evenings and weekends expected.
Why work at Hands On Hartford: Hands On Hartford, in partnership with others, strengthens community in Hartford by responding faithfully to people in need through programs that change lives and renew human possibility.
What you will do as the Café Coordinator: You will do many things including but not limited to:
- Coordinate all aspects of the Café at Fifty Five and communicate needs, changes, issues to program manager, being part of solution generation and implementation.
- Ensure that the beginning and end of day activities are completed in a thorough manner including the set up and close out of the POS.
- Administration of the Café POS systems.
- Make prep list for café open.
- Set the café up upon arrival- arrange tables, bar top, wipe tables/other surfaces, check floors, beverages, signage.
- QFO front of house, checking staff and volunteers’ following of sanitation and food safety guidelines, including handwashing, gloves, head covering, food turnover.
- Preparation and safe handling of food and preparing of customer orders.
- Ensure communication of orders to the kitchen.
- Ensure that staff and volunteers fully comply with all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations at all times.
- Ensure that food and drink is served to customers quickly and is of a consistently high standard and is well presented.
- Ensure that Café promotional programs are implemented and maintained, or modified as needed and well communicated to all.
- Be an active and supportive team member, contributing in a constructive manner and treating all team members with fairness and courtesy.
- Support volunteers and interns in contributing to the program; guide their work, ensure their following of guidelines.
- Greet guests with enthusiasm; provide excellent customer service, serving all promptly and courteously.
- Enthusiastically and tactfully promote Café’s Pay for a Neighbor and donation options.
- Ensure the café is welcoming and accommodating by connecting with customers. Ensure food and drink is delivered to customers when reasonably feasible.
- Ensure the café is tidy, clean and remains ready for any number of customers to be seated and served.
- Be conscientious of the variety of customer needs – (ranging from using the Wi-Fi as an alternate work environment or to just grab a quick cup of coffee).
- Assist in the set-up, set-down and cleaning the café and kitchen according to procedure on a daily basis and as required.
- Ensure food preparation and storage areas are clean and in compliance with ServSafe guidelines, including throughout the day and at the end of the shift.
- Play a lead role in promoting the Café through a variety of social mediaInstagram/Facebook/Twitter in accordance with the time lines in the marketing plan.
- Serve as the kitchen manager when the program managers is out of off site.
- Assist in coordinating catering when assigned, ensuring the following:
- Catering Coordination- Serve as point of contact for catering inquiries and respond in a highly timely manner.
- Reserve date for events on kitchen calendar, if in house, reserve space as well.
- Communicate with client and Chef to finalize menu and gather all contact and venue information.
- Generate quote, beginning with quote log, followed by quote template, email to chef and Special Projects Coordinator when necessary.
- Confirm job, making any changes to menu, headcount, time, or any other detail along the way.
- Assist with room setup for any in house job.
You may be a good fit if you:
- High standards of personal and food hygiene.
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to go the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service and aim to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds
What we offer full time employees:
- Dedicated, diverse, and friendly co‐workers
- Paid time off – 11 holidays, vacation, personal time, and sick leave
- Medical/dental/disability/life benefits
- 401(k) plan
If this sounds like a good fit to you:
- Send letter of interest & resume to: Andrew Proctor, Community Kitchens Program Manager, Hands On Hartford, 55 Bartholomew Ave, Hartford CT 06106. Email email@example.com
Application closes 10/16/20