Community Resiliency Symposium
When: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Where: Lyman Allyn Art Museum, Williams Street, New London, CT
The Community Resiliency symposium will provide a clear understanding of the various facets that contribute to resiliency at the level of the built, human and natural environments. The symposium includes the health of communities and individuals as it relates to our environment, and connectedness and preparedness to respond to disruptions. To that end, the natural environment is central to how people can mitigate and adapt to a variety of disruptions: economic, natural, and behavioral.
Specific focus will be on:
· Connecticut Shoreline Resiliency – where we’re at
· Local food systems
· Alternative energy sources and micro-grids to decentralize energy access
· Physical and mental health and resiliency
· Bicycling as more than a recreational mode of transportation
· Building resiliency into community/neighborhood revitalization initiatives
The Connecticut Food System Alliance will participate in this symposium and facilitate a panel on food systems. Check back here for more information.